Tuesday, August 16, 2011

China in seven days and counting....

So I leave for China in a week.

I don't know how to feel about it, to be honest.

I think I just need to leave, and stop thinking about what it will be like not being here, so I can appreciate being there.

I actually had this dream last night about flying to China. Except before I could get on the plane to Chicago my parents dropped me off in some sketch underground sewer place, where the monster from that movie The Host (no it is NOT a movie based off of a Stephenie Meyer's book) was lurking, so we had to stay away from the water, but the subway car we had to take to get to the plane ran on the water. Anyways somehow no one died, but I woke up feeling weird. Or maybe I died in my dream? I can't remember. However I think Muse was also there. Hopefully that happens in real life in the airport. That would make me pee myself with happiness.

In other news, I learned that xiexie (pronounced shea-shea) means thank you. So now I know how to say hello and thank you. So in the event that someone is robbing me, or a gang of rapscallions is kidnapping me for human trafficking purposes, I can adequately deal with them.

I hope you're as relieved as I am.

I'm currently working on a playlist for the plane ride (20 hours. So hopefully there will also be movies, because I'm pretty sure my iPod isn't immortal and sparkly). Since I haven't said anything of worth so far, I feel obligated to share some songs with you. [Please note that due to laziness I never wrote down the name of the song, only the band. Although I wasn't lazy enough to write this little dooblidoo. Youtube reference? Me? Never.]

Florence and the Machine
She & Him
Matt and Kim
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Sigur Ros
Young the Giant

Well, the next time I post anything of significance will probs be when I'm in China. Cause let's be honest, I don't think anything exciting will happen. Unless aliens do happen to invade earth. Although I think I will be barricading myself in a bunker of some kind instead of updating my blog. No offense world.

So have fun with your life and stuffs... until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment